Monday, August 16, 2010

What Brings You JOY?

Have you ever wondered what it is in life that brings you joy? Is it the amazing man you may have married? The child/children you have brought into this world? Your work? Or maybe you have a pet project you have been diligently working on that you know will eventually bring joy to you someday.

For me it's all of the above!  Recently, I realized that I needed to stop and take a look around me.   To see what I had right in front of me.  I married my soulmate and my hero.  I gave birth to the most amazing little girl, born 7-7-07, (the luckiest day there could ever be).  I work at a church where I can proudly say I have made some very good friends, whom, I can also admit, I consider to be family.  My work in progress...well that would be my home-based, online company I started, Lehla Shop.  Everyday, I challenge myself to try new things, perfect items and strive to make good products I know will put a smile on a child's face.  All of these things were staring right at me. I just needed to realize it.

I can reflect back on times when my life wasn't exactly "joyous".  My first marriage didn't quite work.  I didn't have too many people I could honestly call "friends".  And I worked a full time job, clocking in at least 9 hours a day.  Everything was so faced paced (that's NJ for ya!).

So, I got a divorce, met my new husband, had my daughter, quite my job and moved to Louisiana!  Whew! 

Now I work part-time at the church and at home for my shop.  I am constantly online trying to publicize Lehla Shop as much as possible.  My goal is to one day have my products on the shelves of other stores.  And who knows...maybe even own my own "brick and mortar" shop and have my products on my OWN shelves!  That would be ULTIMATE joy!


WISH * HOPE * DREAM  
then make it happen


I want my daughter to grow up and know that dreams can come true, if you work hard enough to make them happen.  More joy.

"Your dreams are never silly; depend on them to guide you" chinese fortune


So with that said, I can tell you that I am blessed for the joy that already surrounds me.  Am I lucky?  Maybe...but I wouldn't trade anything!

Have you stopped to take a look at your life?  Have you started thinking what it is that brings you joy?

Life + Love + Happiness = Joy

xoxo, 
lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment